The hallmark of midwifery care is our expertise during pregnancy and birth. We believe that pregnancy and birth are fundamentally normal, yet profound life-changing events. We also understand that no two pregnancies or births are ever the same. You can expect the following from the midwives of Greenville Midwifery Care & Birth Center:
- Extra time spent with you during appointments. We want to get to know you and provide you with complete information so you may make informed choices about your pregnancy and birth.
- Support for your choices in childbirth and assistance in developing a personalized birth plan. We encourage you to share your desires, hopes and dreams for your birth and will do everything we can to facilitate the process for you.
- Continuous support during labor and birth. Whether your plan includes natural birth in a warm pool of water or epidural anesthesia, our midwives will be there to provide physical, emotional and psychological support.
- Postpartum care and breast-feeding assistance. Midwives are champions of breastfeeding and will be available for assistance and support for as long as you need us.
- Continuity of care. You will have the opportunity to meet each one of the midwives during your prenatal visits. We feel strongly that your birth should be attended by someone you have come to know and trust.