Experience a unique birth in a caring and safe environment.
Meet the Midwives!
Join us for monthly discussions about midwifery care. Is it right for you? Click Here for more information or to register.
Welcome to Greenville Midwifery Care & Birth Center
Greenville Midwifery Care & Birth Center is a practice of certified nurse-midwives (CNMs) and affiliated with Greenville Health System. We offer full-scope midwifery services to our clients within a system that allows for more specialized care when needed.
CNMs are registered nurses who have graduated from an accredited midwifery education program and passed a national certification exam to receive the professional designation of certified nurse-midwife. In South Carolina, CNMs must have Masterís Degrees, and are licensed through the South Carolina Board of Nursing.
CNMs provide primary care for women across their lifespan. Midwives care for women from adolescence through menopause, with a special emphasis on pregnancy, childbirth, and gynecologic and reproductive health.
Midwives perform comprehensive physical exams and prescribe medications, including contraception. CNMs provide quality and compassionate care for expectant mothers and women of all ages. This includes:
- Prenatal and postpartum care
- Breastfeeding support
- Family planning and contraception
- Well-woman gynecology exams
- Preconception counseling
Our Care Philosophy
The CNMs of Greenville Midwifery Care & Birth Center support the philosophy of the American College of Nurse-Midwives (ACNM). In particular, we believe that culturally competent, family-centered midwifery care should be available to women from a variety of ethnicities, cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds. We support the concept of informed consent and the clientís full participation in healthcare management decisions.
- Promotes a continuous and compassionate partnership
- Acknowledges a person's life experiences and knowledge
- Includes individualized methods of care and healing guided by the best evidence available
- Involves therapeutic use of human presence and skillful communication
We honor the normalcy of women's life-cycle events. We believe in:
- Watchful waiting and non-intervention in normal processes
- Appropriate use of interventions and technology for current or potential health problem
- Consultation, collaboration and referral with other members of the health care team as needed to provide optimal health care
We believe every woman has the right to:
- Equitable, ethical, accessible quality health care that promotes healing and health
- Health care that respects human dignity, individuality and diversity among group
- Complete and accurate information to make informed health care decisions
- Self-determination and active participation in health care decisions
- Involvement of a woman's designated family members, to the extent desired, in all health care experiences
To schedule a consultation with one of our certified nurse-midwives, or a tour of our new birth center, call us today at (864) 797-7350.
Greenville Midwifery Care & Birth Center
35 Medical Ridge Drive
Greenville, SC 29605